This is the EWI MST-412 4 Channel, 3 way, transformer isolated XLR splitter. This is an ideal, rack-mountable splitter for many applications, including:
1) Splitting XLR signals for taking a recording directly off a house mix.
2) Sending mixed signals to multiple amp racks.
3) Splitting XLR signals between house and monitor mixers.
4) Multiple XLR feeds for broadcast.
The MST-412 has some nice features:
1) Durable construction and all is housed in a convenient 1U rack mount unit.
2) Balanced XLR inputs and outputs.
3) Ground lift switches on both of the Isolated Split Outputs.
4) Good quality transformers for the splits.
5) The Direct Outs will pass Phantom Power. The two isolated split outputs do not pass phantom power.
On the front side EACH of the 4 input channels are equipped with a direct output and one isolated output with the ground lift switch next to the isolated output.
On the back side is one more isolated output panel jack and a direct output jack for EACH of the 4 channels plus ground lift switches for each back isolated split. The rear Direct Out jack is in parallel with the front Direct Out jack.
Physical properties are: The width is standard 19” rackmount. The height is 1 U (1 ¾”). The depth is 4” behind the rack ears. There are 4 nice little rubber feet on the bottom to help keep if from sliding around on a slick surface, or marring up something you set it on. Weight is 2.95 lbs. This is a passive device, so no active power is required. The chassis is heavy gauge steel and the front mounting plate is 0.075” extruded aluminum (no plastic here). As well as being durable, the all-metal construction further helps to reduce induced EMI into the unit. The panel jacks are constructed with plastic bodies, and the FXLR input panel jacks are constructed with spiral spring contact points with no locking device other than the solid fit of the spiral spring contacts.